Thursday, January 7, 2010

7 : Twin Cities, day 2

Geez-a-loo... this place is COLD!  Temperatures of -18 today.  Luckily we didn't have to spend too much time out of doors, but did have to make a short trek from the hotel to the office.  The hotel was on one side of this pretty courtyard, the office on the other.  I had to hold my hooded noggin down for most of the walk to avoid penetration by the chilling wind that was whipping about us, but I looked up and ungloved my hand long enough to snap this shot.

1-7-10

After the training was done we made our way to the airport. Though it was expected to be one of the worst traffic days of the year due to the snow (all seven days of it), we made it to the airport with no problems.  This was our scene as we waited for the flight to leave, a scene that I hadn't ever seen before:  the de-icing of a plane in the foreground, a massive fleet of snowplows, lights a-flashin', in the background.

1-7-10

No comments:

Post a Comment