Sunday, March 28, 2010

87 : fixin' stuff

I walked by Connor's room yesterday and noticed a big pile of clothes on the floor.  Upon closer inspection I discovered that it was the contents of his closet, all in a jumbled mess.  In the closet was the hanger rod, hanging precariously by only one screw in the middle.  The contraptions that were supposed to be holding both ends of the rod were nowhere to be seen.

Since my request to Kevin to fix it was met with, "I don't handle the scientific stuff," I made a visit to Home Depot yesterday and today went about fixing it.  This is why every gal needs her own cordless drill.

3-28-10 (1)
3-28-10

I could have pressed Kevin more to fix it himself, but his quip about the "scientific stuff" was followed by his pointing out that most of the stuff in the closet was mine anyway.  Unfortunately, I couldn't argue that.  Plus, they were my coats, the weight of which may have caused the failure of the faulty (and cheap) hanger-rod-end-things.

3-28-10

6 comments:

  1. Yeah... my awesome brother-in-law got it for me (knowing that his brother wouldn't use it). Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Doesn't it feel great to independently take care of something yourself! and what a fine job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Grant didn't even own a hammer when I married him. I brought the hammer to the marriage and my mom gave us the drill. (My mom was always the one who fixed everything at our house)! Yes, for Girl Power!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My question is - for someone who lives in southern California, why do you have so many coats?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, Cindy... because I like them. And you shouldn't criticize... you will likely be the recipient when I tire of them.

    ReplyDelete