Sunday, May 2, 2010

122 : these boys

My friends Steve and Christie left for Atlanta this morning.  Unfortunately, they're moving this summer, and their family will be missed greatly.  Christie asked me to take her boys, Conner and Evan, to church today.  As we were driving they kept telling me about all the great food they were making for dinner - salmon, chicken, pork.  Yes, THEY were going to make it, not their grandma who is staying with them, THEY were going to do it.  When I told them that I was planning to have cereal for dinner, they invited me over.  Yes, they invited KT as well, but... you know.

Long story short, all by themselves the 16- and 14-year-old boys made the salmon, chicken, pork, brats, roasted potatoes, green beans, corn... and it was ALL DELICIOUS!  Like, REALLY delicious.  I am impressed!  Steve and Christie - kudos on raising some great boys.

5-2-10
5-2-10
5-2-10
5-2-10
5-2-10

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Jack is now my grill master. He's pretty good at chicken (and he's been making hot dogs for himself and friends for a couple of years). It's awesome when they can cook and like to help! Looks like a feast. Was there any meat left in the fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, impressive dinner. Sounds like your menu included A LOT of meat! I'll need to get started on Gavin and Andrew so that they can make me dinner someday! And it's very sweet that the boys were thoughtful enough to invite you over for dinner too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soph - it WAS a lot of meat! Much more meat than I'm ever used to eating. I had to wait for it all to digest before I could go to bed that night.

    ReplyDelete