Sunday, January 2, 2011

(2) proportions

My dad's birthday is on Tuesday. Since it's virtually impossible for us to get together on a weekday, we gathered today to celebrate.

1-2-11

As the afternoon went on we got to discussing body proportions. I think it came about when my dad opened a present from my mom, containing a pair of new pants, and the surprisingly short length of the pants was mentioned. I had always blamed my long torso/short leg problem on my mom. Now it appears the blame can be placed upon both my parents in equal measure.

My brother Mark piped up while I was lamenting my disproportions. It seems he may actually be worse off than me. In addition to sharing the long torso/short leg issue, it seems he has arm issues as well. As explained by Leonardo Da Vinci, the length of a man's outspread arms should be equal to his height. Apparently, this is not the case with Mark.

Demanding that we see for ourselves, the tape measure came out. My arm span is just about an inch longer than my height.

1-2-11

Mark?
Height: 5'10"
Arm span: 6'4"
The monkey boy is right.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have the long torso/short leg problem (hence my apple figure) but I definitely have the monkey arm problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHA. Dinner with the Latteiers. You have monkey arms, I have T-Rex arms (which lead to a lifetime of long sleeved shirts with rolled arms)!

    ReplyDelete