Friday, January 7, 2011

(7) snobbery

As I get older I find that I am more particular about stuff, that there are certain things for which I will not lower (what has come to be) my standards. I know I'm not alone in this, this snobbery of sorts. You've got your things. Mine? Hot chocolate, pens, gum... towels.

There is nothing I hate more then exiting my shower and drying off with a crunchy, stiff towel. Yes, they all start out deceivingly soft. But wash them regularly over a few years and you're using the equivalent of 200 grit sandpaper. That will not do.

I unloaded a bunch of old towels on my college-attending step-daughter last week, the perfect excuse for getting new ones. The new ones arrived today.

1-7-11

"America's best for your bath. Rare Supima® — the top 3% of cotton grown in the U.S., combed for added softness and plushness."

1-7-11

A treat for both of us. I get soft new towels, she gets... the box.

1-7-11

1 comment:

  1. But do these towels make you feel dry when you get out? I have bought towels that don't seem to absorb the water. I'm looking to take up your suggestion and buy the boys 1 towel with their name.

    ReplyDelete