Tuesday, February 8, 2011

(39) good deal

For years I have avoided the kind of running shorts that have the built-in understuff. I didn't like the idea of it. It didn't seem right. Couldn't imagine they could be ever be comfortable.

And then I got a pair.

C-O-M-F-O-R-T-A-B-L-E! And so convenient, I might add. I went back today to get a few more pairs.

2-8-11

And check out the added bonus... I think this is the third or fourth time this has happened to me, and I must say, I kind of like benefiting from other people's mistakes. Above the shorts was a posted 30% off sign... "one day only!" Upon closer inspection, the "one day only" was yesterday. But it was still up today. So, as I came up to the cashier (whose manager, I noticed, was standing within earshot) I pointed out that the sign said 30% off.

"That was yesterday," he says.

"Oh, really?" I say, playing dumb. "But it's up there right now."

(slight look of confusion, mixed with annoyance, on cashier's face)

"Give her the 30% off," pipes in the manager.

Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment