Tuesday, March 15, 2011

(74) busy day

I've got only a few short days with the kids, so we packed in as much stuff as possible. Today included a trip to Walmart, lunch at Pat & Oscar's followed by the duck pond, then swimming.

3-15-11
3-15-11

One of highlights for the kids was Yogurt Island. Our town has a plethora of yogurt shops, but apparently Grand Junction and neighboring Fruita do not. When I first told them we'd be going to get yogurt later, they weren't impressed. Yogurt? Eh. When I explained that the yogurt was pretty much just like ice cream, but it's self serve - you choose the flavor(s) and the topping(s). I watched their eyes widen and excitement grow.

The time finally arrived... the kids walked into Yogurt Island and, once I showed them how to work the levers, they went to town. Why kids insist on adding the disgusting gummy candies to their yogurt I'll never know, but I looked away for a second only to see that 3-year-old Jack had added what appeared to be a pound of gummy bears to his cup. Nevertheless, they thoroughly enjoyed the treat and immediately demanded that we return the following day.

3-15-11
One of the cups contains no gummy items. Guess whose that might be...

2 comments:

  1. Same with the Wallwork kids, they love their gummy worms. I always want to get the cookies and cream but end up getting tart & taro with granola. Just had it last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a new one by our house. I have yet to go, but my girlfriend was laughing about her husband giving her a hard time when he found a frequent punch card in their 4-yr-old daughter's play purse. Another friend was laughing at the $10 yogurts her kids all dispensed when they fill their own! They are going to be BEGGING to visit Auntie T again soon. You are way too fun!

    ReplyDelete