Wednesday, March 23, 2011

(82) too good to be true

I saw the eye-shadow ads in the magazines, I saw the commercials on tv. This week it was featured in my Real Simple Magazine.

3-23-11

So, I decided to try it. As one who applies her make-up while somewhere along the 15 or 60 freeways, the "easiest eyeshadow" is a good option for me.

3-23-11

Turns out - not so easy, not really good. Firstly, and maybe it's just me, but the contoured brush and need for exact placement of the different shades on the right vs. left eyelid took more brainpower than should be exerted in make-up application. Secondly, it looks NOTHING like the picture! Yes, eye-shadow was applied, but not in "one sweep" as advertised (try 4 or 5 to be able to see any color), and nowhere was the beautifully contoured shading as expected. Thumbs down.

3-23-11

1 comment:

  1. I am the WORST when it comes to eye shadow. I just sweep one color on, (always the same color too). Your pic actually looks pretty good. Are you sure this product doesn't work? I would totally buy it. Makeup is not my strong suit.

    ReplyDelete