Friday, March 11, 2011

fave foto friday - Italy 2000

This week, eleven years ago, my sister and I went to Italy. She had just finished a semester abroad there, so we wanted to take advantage of her contacts. I wanted to go with someone who spoke the language and knew the off-the-beaten-path things to see and do. It was an amazing trip. Lots of pictures were taken, but this was pre-digital, so I've been working on scanning in my negatives. Most of them have been scanned and these will serve as my favorite photos for today... favorite shots of a favorite vacation.

ROME - La Bocca della Verità
Italy 2000

ROME - the Colosseum
Italy 2000

ROME - the Pantheon
Italy 2000

PISA - the Leaning Tower
Italy 2000

LAKE COMO
Italy 2000

VERONA - Casa di Giulietta (Juliet's [alleged] balcony + statue)
Legend says that if a person strokes the right breast of Juliet's statue, that person will have good fortune. Thus, the shiny right breast.
Italy 2000

VERONA - I didn't like the looks of the house and balcony claiming to be Juliet's. It was an unattractive stone building surrounded by other unattractive stone buildings. I envisioned it more like this house and balcony:
Italy 2000

FLORENCE - Firenze's city center
Italy 2000

MANAROLA - along the Cinque Terre
Italy 2000

VENICE - Piazza San Marco
Italy 2000

2 comments:

  1. Seriously. How gorgeous are you? Totally unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these! sure wouldn't mind going back!

    ReplyDelete