Thursday, April 21, 2011

Carrot Cake

I made this a few weeks ago and meant to post if a few weeks ago... but things got away from me. I know that not many people are fans of carrot cake, but I think it's because they haven't had GOOD carrot cake. This is my mom's recipe and it's just plain GOOD!

Carrot Cake

CARROT CAKE

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups oil
3/4 cups buttermilk
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups grated carrot
1 small can crushed pineapple - drained
1 cup nuts

Beat eggs, sugar, oil, and buttermilk.
Sift dry ingredients and mix with egg mixture.
Add carrots, pineapple, and nuts.
Blend all.

Carrot Cake

Bake in 9 x 13 inch pan at 350 degrees for 55 minutes (two 9 inch pans will take 35-40 minutes). Top with cream cheese frosting and chopped nuts

Carrot Cake

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I love carrot cake, and will often order it at restaurants because I'm just too dang lazy to make it (no food processor= too much grating for this lazy girl). I got a wonderful recipe years ago from Sister Penrod in Fullerton 1st. I wonder if it's the same one? Plus, pineapple is a must for my carrot cake! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to think of it, this may be the same recipe as Judy Penrod uses, too! No food processor? No excuse - that's what you have your boys for. They can grate you the carrots in a snap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point. Actually, Jack has become quite adept in the kitchen and really enjoys cooking all kinds of things. What I failed to mention is that I'm also the only one in the family that likes carrot cake; a dangerous situation for me, considering how much I LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes... that can be a problem. So, next time you're asked to bring something for RS, you bring carrot cake, reserving a little for yourself. OR, when I'm in Arizona - which will be later this year - I will make some, you will come over and we will enjoy it together! Looks like we're there for Thanksgiving for sure, and I may go out in October to help Kristen get their place in order.

    ReplyDelete