Sunday, May 8, 2011

(127) Happy Mother's Day

My mom loves to cook... that's her thing. So, for Mother's Day we decided to make dinner for her. My brother Peter decided to make traditional food, stuff that he remembered eating while serving his mission in Mexico City - homemade tortillas, sopas, mushrooms, chicken, rice, chorizo... the whole nine yards. My meager contributions - chips, dips, doctored-up Costco guacamole, and flan.

Mother's Day Mexican Dinner
Mother's Day Mexican Dinner
Mother's Day Mexican Dinner
Mother's Day Mexican Dinner
Mother's Day Mexican Dinner
Mother's Day Mexican Dinner
Mother's Day Mexican Dinner

And did you know that Mexicans eat their rice with bananas on top? I didn't believe it either, but I tried it, and it was kind of good!

Mother's Day Mexican Dinner

Peter, finally relaxing after all of his hard work.

5-8-11

1 comment:

  1. bananas on anything is gross..bananas are just gross, but impressed with the food.

    ReplyDelete