Friday, May 13, 2011

(132) sad day

Wow. Today was really a bad day. It started off when I received a few phone calls from a friends letting me know of some news... the husband of one of our good friends from the ward had collapsed last night while playing soccer and could not be revived. What? WHAT? Chris Nutting was gone? Unbelieveable.

I went through my day, like many others, in kind of a fog... in shock and heartbroken. Chris, just barely 41-years-old and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, passed away leaving his wonderful wife, Terah and four amazing kids. I could not focus all day long... it was beyond understanding and belief.

I don't have much more to say, really. I am just so thankful for our knowledge of the gospel, for Heavenly Father's Plan of Salvation and the fact that the Nuttings will be together again one day.

So, in rememberance of Chris:

Our camp cook at Girls Camp in 2009. Somehow we were without a spatula, so Chris fashioned one for us. Gillian (aka Gibby) got a huge kick out of it.

5-13-11 (2)

And Chris' beautiful family (photo taken by Lynette Stevens - see her blog HERE).

5-13-11

No comments:

Post a Comment