Friday, July 22, 2011

(202) when a good deal isn't a good deal

About a year ago I bought a luggage set (standard size + carry on suitcases) at Ross. I thought it was a great deal - Swiss Army brand on clearance in a cool rusty orange color, both for less that $100. I couldn't wait to use them. Unfortunately, USING the standard size suitcase was the worst thing I could do to it. A bad batch of plastic must have been used for the frame of the suitcase - slowly but surely, the suitcase basically crumbled. It started out slowly, with the corners snapping off first, then a little on the sides. The final straw was with my last trip out to Virginia to visit my sister. The thing basically collapsed, leaving me with a pile of brittle plastic bits at the bottom of the suitcase.

Since I left that suitcase out by the dumpster in northern Virginia, I had to find a new one. I found this one today... a little more than I spent the last time, but trust me when I tell you I tested the frame of this one. So far, so good - no snapping plastic on this one.

7-22-11

No comments:

Post a Comment