Friday, September 16, 2011

(258) Ragnar Napa Valley - Day 1

What better place to start a 186.4 mile course than at the Golden Gate Bridge? We snapped a quick picture while our Runner #1 was hoofing it somewhere along the bridge. The fog made it hard to see, but it was quite cool.

9-16-11 (2)

My first leg was 7.3 miles, and while I had trained enough to reach that distance with some degree of comfort, this run for me was difficult. I don't know what it was, but my chest felt tight and it was hard to catch my breath. Boy, was I glad to finish and pass the slap-bracelet on to Cordin.

9-16-11

Post-script: My two following runs (5.6 and 3.6) were also difficult. Ugh! What the heck??

***

Post-post-script: A few days after the race I was talking to a friend from Nor Cal about it, explaining my difficulty. She advised that there's A LOT more pollen in Nor Cal's air vs. So Cal's. THAT explains it! I'm not one prone to allergies, but there was definitely something in the air that wasn't friendly to my oxygen delivery system.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I have never heard of anything like this before. I like that you are part of a team. Would you do this again? I have just started running, did a 5k yesterday, so I am interested!
    Thanks for the follow. I am following back -The Ladies Lounge

    ReplyDelete