Friday, October 21, 2011

(293) Virginia - day 1 * Richmond *

Wow... Red eye flights are NOT fun.

So, Virginia. Why am I in Virginia again? This time it's due to my friend Dyana's husband. And fall leaves. And Time Out For Women. Explanation? Read Dyana's post HERE. But regardless of the explanation, I can't pass up an opportunity to see my family again.

I arrived at Dulles this morning at 5:00 a.m. Dyana arrived last night and had a hotel room near the airport, so I got an hour or two of shut-eye before starting the day. The first stop was my sister Cindy's house. I just HAD to see my little niece, Charlotte, now four-months old.

10-21-11

Time Out For Women was taking place in Richmond, about two hours from my sister's place. We had time to kill before the event started tonight, so we did some sightseeing. My brother Philip lived outside of Richmond for a number of years, but I never made it into the city. One of our stops was the Hollywood Cemetary - a really cool, old cemetary that is the final resting place of two American presidents, six Virginia governors, two Supreme Court justices, twenty-two Confederate generals, and thousands of Confederate soldiers.

10-21-11 (1)
10-21-11 (4)
10-21-11 (5)
President John Tyler's gravesite:
10-21-11 (6)
10-21-11 (2)
President James Monroe's gravesite:
10-21-11 (3)

No comments:

Post a Comment